Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Deleted history on google chrome and it still comes up on the url bar?

Q. I deleted my history on google chrome and I turned off the the suggestions on the url bar but the website that I tried to delete is still there, but it has a clock next to the url instead of an earth. How do I delete the url search history?

A. A. Disable the prediction service
--------------------------------------â¦
When you type in the address bar, Google Chrome can use a prediction service to help you complete the web addresses and search terms that you're entering The prediction service is typically turned on by default. http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95656

1. Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar.
2. Select Options (Preferences on Mac and Linux).
3. Click the Under the Hood tab.
4. In the "Privacy" section, deselect the "Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar" checkbox.

B. Pause your Web History (When you're signed in to a Google Account)
--------------------------------------â¦
If you're signed in to your Google Account and have Web History enabled, the algorithm may show some predicted queries based on searches that you've done in the past. http://support.google.com/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=54057

1. Go to google.com/history.
2. Click Pause to prevent your future web activity from being saved in Web History and from being used to personalize your search results.

C. Clear browsing history
--------------------------------------â¦
I suggest to install History Eraser extension:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gjieilkfnnjoihjjonajndjldjoagffm

or more powerful Click&Clean app (automatically clear browsing history on Chrome exit, works on Chrome for Windows)
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ghgabhipcejejjmhhchfonmamedcbeod

How do I convince my parents that Internet Explorer sucks?
Q. We have used it forever and I read that it is prone to viruses. I use Google Chrome on our desktop computer and they get mad at me saying that that causes viruses! They dont understand that Internet Explorer is causing viruses and internet problems. Please help. :(

A. Firstly, any browser is susceptible to viruses and spyware so you really need a good AV product like Norton 360 on all PCs. Or use Linux which has virtually no exposure to viruses.
Secondly, this website indicates that Chrome is the worst:

http://www.gfi.com/blog/research-web-browser-war-security-battle-in-2011/

This surprised even me who uses Chrome almost exclusively. Guess I may start to rethink my position on that. Thanks for the question!

How do I maximize google chrome?
Q. Ever since I got Linux, I've been having this problem. When I open google chrome, it won't maximize. On any other browser this doesn't happen. Usually if I close all my windows and reopen, it'll work and if that doesn't work, I restart my computer. I've restarted my computer four times now, and still nothing. It's really frustrating because I can't check the time or switch between windows, as the window blocks the task bar, unless I move it down. Any ideas on why I'm having this problem and what I can do to solve it?

A. Get Windows 7 on kickasstorrents, burn it and install it. Start your wonderful windows machine and install chrome and live a great life with a smooth OS that can do everything you need it to do



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment