Wednesday, May 15, 2013

How do I install Linux mint debian xfce or linux mint debian gnome?

Q. I am wondering how do you install Linux mint Debian on a USB stick from Linux mint 11 lxde or lubuntu 11.10. I tried the start up disk creator but nothing came up and it only recognized my USB drive how to i install the Debian edition of Linux mint off of Linux mint lxde or lubuntu if the start up disk creator wont recognize the image I downloaded.

A. you need to be running on either a Live CD or a Live USB to install an OS.
I use a USB because it is quick and simple, and I like to recycle.
I believe there are other tools but I use unetbootin to configure the USB stick
unetbootin can be installed from the Software Manager
information on unetbootin here> http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

Using a virtual machine like a Live cd?
Q. Can you use a virtual machine to remove viruses and spyware like you can with linux live cd?

A. No, becuase it can't directly access the hardware.

How can you update the Linux kernel without an Internet connection?
Q. Is there a way to update the Linux kernel (in Ubuntu, in this instance) without using an Internet connection within Ubuntu? Updating the Linux kernel would allow me to install ndiswrapper so that I can get a working Internet connection in Ubuntu (I don't have an ethernet connection in my PC.) How can I accomplish this?

A. You NEED to get your hands on the new kernel or its sources. However you do it, it is up to you. Question, what version of Ubuntu you are using? And what is your wireless adaptor? Fedora provides great wireless network support.

"This release provides a number of firmware packages for enhanced wireless networking. NetworkManager presents a graphical interface that allows users to quickly switch between wireless and wired networks for increased mobility. NetworkManager is installed by default in both GNOME and KDE Live CDs."

--Fedora Project Wiki.


If you wish to remain with Ubuntu, you NEED the sources or the kernel to update it, either by means of network connectivity, CD, flash drives....



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment