Wednesday, May 15, 2013

How to change a network solutions URL back to my personal URL?

Q. I have recently moved my wordpress twenty eleven sites to network solutions. Network Solutions has changed my URL to another url. What I'm gathering is that I need to put this into a sub-directory. I can't understand the directions on wordpress for this. I need step by step instructions. I have put my questions in parentheses above the steps wordpress has given me. Thanks you anyone who can get me out of this hole!

(I believe we did this already when moving it to Network Solutions )
1. Create the new location for the core WordPress files to be stored (we will use /wordpress in our examples). (On linux, use mkdir wordpress from your www directory. You'll probably want to use "chown apache:apache" on the wordpress directory you created.)
(This is self explanatory)
2. Go to the General panel.

(Is this the URL I get from Network Solutions? i.e. 0345009.netsolhost.com/RRBlog)
3. In the box for WordPress address (URL): change the address to the new location of your main WordPress core files. Example: http://example.com/wordpress

(Where do I get this root directory URL, I can't even find the Root Directory in Wordpress)
4. In the box for Site address (URL): change the address to the root directory's URL. Example: http://example.com
Click Save Changes. (Do not worry about the error message and do not try to see your blog at this point! You will probably get a message about file not found.)

(Are my core files the content.php? and where exactly am I moving them to?)
5. Move your WordPress core files to the new location (WordPress address).

(All together I can't find the index.php or the .htaccess, probably because I can't find the directory which seems to be the main issue here.)
6.Copy (NOT MOVE!) the index.php and .htaccess files from the WordPress directory into the root directory of your site (Blog address). The .htaccess file is invisible, so you may have to set your FTP client to show hidden files. If you are not using pretty permalinks, then you may not have a .htaccess file.

A. who will win the IPL series

How do I make a free and easy minecraft server?
Q. could someone please describe step by step on how to make a multiplayer server as easy as possible thanks!

A. Hello! The answer differs greatly depending on if you have PC or Mac, so I will supply both.

PC: You are in luck, good sir. You can download the entire server and run it with one click.

Go to minecraft.net and log in. Go to the page that you would download the game, and there should be a link for the download for minecraft_server.exe. Download that executable, and place it inside a folder on your desktop (called Minecraft Server or whatever you want). Double-click the .exe, wait for it to do its thing, then exit the executable. Dont fiddle with any code yet.

If you look in your folder, there should now be a whole bunch of files and folders that magically appeared. These are the guts of your server. Now, look for a file called "server.properties". Right click it and select "Open with.." and open it with MS Notepad. These are the options for your server. Options like Creative/Survival mode, monsters on/off, Default world generation or Flatland, etc. Tweak these options to your liking, then save and quit that document. Double-click the .exe, and it will generate the world exactly to your liking.

Networking: IMPORTANT: ONLY PEOPLE THAT ARE ON YOUR WIFI NETWORK WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY ON YOUR SERVER UNLESS YOU DO THIS!

Either port-forward or Hamachi. Port-forwarding: look it up, I have no idea. Hamachi: Google "LogMeIn Hamachi" and download it for free. (from logmein.com, not some scam site). Install it, and go to Network-> Make New Network or something like that. Name it and make a password. Tell the name and password to your friends. Have them get Hamachi and join the network. Yay! You're done! One last step:

Your IP: Go to www.whatsmyip.org and up at the top it will give you some long number. Tell that number to your friends and have them put that in their Minecraft. Hopefully your server will show up!

Now, for Mac.

It's really really hard. It involves some linux bash scripts and specific RAM allocation, and some under-the-hood coding. Email me at finnnorth@gmail.com if you actually want to do a Mac server.

Dell laptop black screen on start up?
Q. When I turn on my computer, the thing that says "Dell" comes up, but after that disappears, I hear a clicking sound, and my computer stays at a black screen. I have a "Dell inspiron" laptop. And I have no clue why this is happening or how to fix it. Can someone help me please?

A. If you have a DVD drive you can make a Linux boot disk and check out the system with it. You might even be able to recover and save your data and files from your hard drive. Check out the link below and it will walk you thru it.


http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment