Tuesday, May 14, 2013

How to type password in BackTrack 4 Linux LOGIN?

Q. I burned Backtrack 4 Linux [Final Release] to a DVD and than i type "login" than enter "root" than I try to enter "toor" but here's the thing, NO KEY REGISTERS INTO IT [as in can't type anything in] I tried this on 2 different computers but same issue, what do i do?

A. you could also boot into linux at a 'lower level' (text only login) which should resolve also.

ctrl + alt then try numbers 1 - 7 until you get lower level. After logging in successfully, run 'startx'

How to actively switch between two OS's in a dualboot partition setup?
Q. I'm dualbooting backtrack and Linux mint KDE 9. Is there a way to switch between the two partitions without having to completely reboot and go through the GRUB menu?

A. Unless you have some sort of virtual machine software you have to reboot so the operating system can have control of the hardware.

Are liberals more likely to use uncommon UNIX or Linux distributions?
Q. I'm a liberal and have three different operating systems. I use FreeBSD, Backtrack Linux and Linux Mint.

Where do you consider yourself to be politically and which Operating System are you currently using?
@ reek - I strongly recommend Linux Mint. It's far better than Windows, and as Linux distributions go it's pretty well mainstreamed for average users.
Windows 8 is awful - I'm convinced it's going to be an even bigger disaster for Microsoft than Vista was. If you have Windows 7 I recommend staying with it.
Unless you're thinking of switching to Linux that is.

A. I'm not liberal, and I use Windows, osX, Linux Mint, Fedora, DSL (Damn Small Linux), openBSD, and for kicks beta test several new trending distros. I also have two old atari's (ST and Falcon) that I use for classic gaming.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment